Getting a facial massage is a soothing escape and a perfect pick-me-up any day of the week. There are many benefits to getting a facial massage from relieving tensions to removing toxins from the body. Facial massages are a natural therapy that can also give your face a glow and tone. It gives a relaxing feeling and promotes good circulation to the blood in the face while normalizing moisture balance and increasing radiance.
Facial massages date back centuries. The first written record of any type of massage therapy was in a Chinese medical text dating back to 3rd century B.C. The Greek, Indians and Persians also have references to massage therapy in their early medical literature. The western version of facial massage was innovated in the 20th century, where is first gained popularity in Europe and then moved across the Atlantic to North America. Today, facial massages can by done by stylist, makeup artists and estheticians once they are certified.
The time of a facial massage will vary depending on your skin type. For oily and acne-prone skin, facial massages should be under 10 minutes. If skin is normal to dry, then massages can last up to 20 minutes. Men’s Cuts offers facial massages to our customers as a part of our services.
Benefits of a Facial Massage
If you have sensitive skin, then special care must be taken when having a facial massage. People with sensitive skin can bruise easily and the skin can be damaged and irritated when too much pressure is applied. Find out some of the many great benefits of having a facial massage below:
- Stress Reliever: Facial messages decreases anxiety and help to improve negative moods according to a study by the User Science Institute. These massages could also help to reduce everyday stress.
- Increasing Circulation: Facial massages help to increase blood and oxygen flow to the face. One of the most important benefits of a facial massage is its anti-aging effect. They can help rejuvenate the skin to make it glow, look and feel refreshed. Massages can help increase muscle tone, strength and tighten the muscles of the face.
- Prevent Wrinkles: Every day stress can result in tension buildup in the muscles. When you are under stress, your forehead furrows and there are wrinkle lines that form between the brows and along the lip line. A facial massage will help relax these tight muscles, decreasing the lines as they form.
- Congestion Relief: Therapeutic massage can help relieve allergy symptoms such as sinus congestion. Steam inhalation and a gentle facial massage helps to mobile secretions, improve drainage and relieve congestion.
- Detoxification: Massaging the face stimulates lymphatic vessels and facilitates toxin elimination from the facial area. The lymphatic system helps remove toxins from the body through the lymph nodes and bloodstream, where toxins can be eliminated. Muscle movement is needed to move the lymph fluid along. There are many lymph nodes in the facial area, especially along the edge of chin and jawline.
- Lessen Dark Circles: Dark circles can occur due to tiredness or lack of sleep, but in truth they appear more as we age. The skin around our eyes loses elasticity and becomes thinner, making the veins under the eyes more prominent. A gentle facial massage concentrating around the eye is a great way to make dark circles less prominent.
Facial Massages and Skin Care
Facial massages allow face products to absorb betting into the skin. At night, apply moisturizer with gentle tapping motions. Ask your Men’s Cuts stylist about the best skin products to help your skin, especially during the upcoming dry winter months. Facial massages are a great part in men’s grooming process. It relaxes and revitalizes all in a short span of time. Book your facial massage with your haircut at Men’s Cuts today!